Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hibiscus for Penny

Our friend Penny just celebrated her "50th" birthday, and we were priviledged to be part of the celebration.  The theme was Hawaii 5-0, and because we all love Hawaii, I just had to make a card that went along with the Hawaiian theme.

Hibiscus for Penny



Began with a blank white card that I highlighted using blue and lavender chalks.  I then cut out hibiscus flowers and leaves using the Cricut cartridge, "Life is a Beach."  One of the flowers, I gave it a 3 dimensional look by adding an extra layer and putting a sticky 3-D dot underneath.  I also chalked the edges with a slightly darker shade to make them pop out.  Last but not least, why give a plain looking envelope with a card that you have spent so much time working on.  Make them match and use a pretty coordinating color to write the recipients name.  Fun card and what a fun party this was.

No comments:

Post a Comment