Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pinecrest Birthday

It is almost time for us to head up to Pinecrest for our annual week at the Lair of the Golden Bear.  22 years and we are really looking forward to visiting with our friends and catching up on what has been happening over the year.  Of course, we always are honored to celebrate our friend, Mike's birthday while we are there.
Add caption

Pinecrest Birthday
I like the look of ripping paper and then chalking the edges, it's easy to create the look of sky or mountains, or whatever you like.  I used the Cricut cartridge "Camp Out" for the trees in the background.  Found the ribbon and the wine paper that I used at the Paradise Scrapbook Boutique.  I simply cut out the wine bottles and glasses that I chose from the paper and then mounted them onto the card.  The one in the upper left I cut out 2 duplicate copies and then put 3-D dots underneath to give it that raised dimensional look.  The wording, I typed on my computer and then added to the card.  "Men are like wine - some turn to vinegar, but the rest improve with age."  Pope John XXIII

No comments:

Post a Comment