Sunday, July 3, 2011

God Bless the USA!

Happy 4th of July!  I loved working on cards for the 4th of July.  Loved cutting out the stars, the colors and thinking about what the whole concept of this card related to.  This card I made for a gentleman that lives at the Yountville Veterans Home.  A retired serviceman, a Rotarian, an amazing artist, and we miss not seeing him, but we appreciate that he served his country in the time of need, and want him to know that he is thought of often.



God Bless the USA!
The key really seems to be in finding that particular piece of paper that gives you inspiration to create.  The paper came from the Paradise Scrapbook store, as well as the plain blue base ribbon and the red & white striped ribbon that I added on top.  The blue stars, I traced from a template onto felt and then glued them onto heavy cardboard, cut them out and attached to the front of the card.  The envelope, I have found that it is a really nice touch to add a piece of coordinating or matching paper to the back flap.  I think it gives the recipient an idea that something special is coming their way.

No comments:

Post a Comment