Thursday, August 18, 2011

AN APPLE FOR THE TEACHER!

Good friend, Phyllis, went in for surgery today on her shoulder, a repair of the repair work that failed the first time.  I wanted to send her a little note letting her know that we were thinking about her, and decided once a teacher, always a teacher, so the apple paper was perfect.

Found the cute apple paper at JoAnn Fabrics, backed it with some plain green paper that I cut with the fancy scissors "Colonial" cut.  Added the cute red gingham ribbon topped with the apple, which I cut out by hand, added the center in white, added a few little details with a brown marker.  I cut out a second red apple, attached it to the card and then used 3-D dots to add the detailed apple, just to give it a little added dimension.  Cut out the leaf, and then added the brown gingham ribbon for a stem.  Chalked most of the edges, I think this gives things some character.  Chalked the edge of the card in green, and done.  As they say, "An Apple A Day Helps to Keep the Doctor Away."  Well maybe not in Phyllis's case, but I think the apple always hits a home run with a teacher.

1 comment:

  1. Awww! That is super cute. I am starting to kind of like the apple things, as long as it is cute scrapbooky type things :)

    ReplyDelete