Monday, August 15, 2011

WELCOME BABY!

Had to make a card to go along with the baby blanket.  Love making baby cards, so much fun, and so many cute ideas that I could come up with.  This one I decided should match the blankie.

Made the background baby blue, it is for a boy.  Had some scraps of the gingham yellow that I used for accents.  I found the cute little monkey sticker at Michael's in a bin for a $1, and this was the first time that I had an opportunity to use it, how perfect.  I cut out the leaves on my Cricut using the "Give A Hoot" cartridge, and then chalked the edges with a darker green and drew the vein down the center.  I cut out the coconuts using the "George and Basic" cartridge, as well as the "BABY."  Added a cute little brown gingham ribbon and there you have it.  Welcome Baby!

2 comments:

  1. ADORABLE!!! I love the little Marvin Monkey! You should also send The Best Little Monkeys in the World

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to send "our favorite book," "The Best Little Monkeys in the World," however, it is out of print. Can't believe such a good book wouldn't be on the shelves forever, it's a Classic!

    ReplyDelete