Monday, June 20, 2011

Boxes Too!

My mother-in-law is hard to shop for, so I find that she does appreciate getting things that are handmade.  I made cards for her and then I couldn't figure out what to put them in, so I found the right size box, but it was very plain and unattractive.  So, I decided I would decorate the box and put the cards inside.  You could also add some postage stamps and a cute pen.



Boxes Too!
 Plain box, colorful coordinating paper.  I wrapped the bottom of the box, being very careful to take my time and try to make it look very professional.  I then wrapped the top in the bright paper, which I think is just way cool.  I then cut out the base rectangle on my Cricut from the "George and Basic Shapes" cartridge.  I had the yellow rectangle that I had purchased in a packet from Michaels, on which I wrote "Notes for Betty."  I then attached a purchased funky sticker out of felt.  Who wouldn't want to get a gift, which is exciting in itself, but then a box that you can use or reuse for someone else just by changing the tag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment