Saturday, June 18, 2011

Set of Six

Oh my gosh!  Joanne's had lots of things on sale for 40% off.  I went in there for one thing and came out with some really cute paper and the cutest little ladybugs.  I really didn't have anything in particular in mind, but once I started putting them together, I decided to put together six (6) of them and maybe I will give them as a present of just a hostess gift.

Set of Six

 Plain cards, found them at Michael's Craft Store (5 1/2" x 4") size.  Lavender dark purple background paper, cut to fit the entire front of the card.  Cut lavender gingham paper about 1/4" smaller so it will show the background paper.  Cut little strips of the yellow paper (about 2") and then trimmed the sides with my fun scissors and then inked the edges.  Cut a little strip of the lavender paper and pasted down the center.  Cut out two circles (dark one 1 1/2" and lighter 1 1/4") with my Cricut, using the "George and Basics Shapes."  Then I cut out flowers using the same cartridge as you can see, three different sizes, mix matching the colors and then chalking the edges and layering the flowers.  I then added a larger pearl in the center of the larger flower and then a smaller one in the smaller flower.  Just as an added touch, I cut out a piece of the lavender gingham and then tucked it just inside the envelope and attached with a piece of tape.

To finish up the project and have it ready for a gift, I used one of the leftover pieces of lavender gingham paper, which was about 1" wide.  I used my fun scissors again, trimming just one edge and then chalked the edge with purple chalk.  I glued the ends together, around the six (6) cards and then covered the edge where they come together with another small flower (chalked and a pearl added).  This was a really fun project, because it was just a spur of the moment brainstorm.   

No comments:

Post a Comment