Monday, June 20, 2011

Shabby Chic Box

Daughter Ash likes the Shabby Chic look.  When she was moving into her first apartment, I thought it would be fun to make her some cute little boxes just to have around her room for little items that you never know where to store them.




Shabby Chic Box
You can buy these cute little boxes in all shapes and sizes in any craft store.  I first painted the box with a couple of coats of Acrylic paint in order for things to adhere well to the surface.  I cut out a piece of blue polka dot paper for the top and glued that down.  I then attached to the top a cute little "A," which I painted a light green color, a quirky little pink note, a string of pearls, some buttons and an old key.  I used my chalk and chalked all of the edges to give it that aged look.  Then I decided I needed something around the outside, so I attached a white with blue polka dot ribbon to the top.  Then I chalked all around the outside base of the box, again just making it look aged.  Found a sticker to attach to the side and added a few little rhinestones.  Just as a cute little addition, I added the word joy, which was a precut chipboard inside on the bottom of the box and a little rhinestone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment