Sunday, June 19, 2011

Just for Putty

I was preparing to send a special surprise off to my cousin, and I needed a special card just for her.  This is what I came up with.


Just for Putty


Green gingham paper for the background, love it, looks very summery.  I took a piece of the off white paper and then with my Cricut cartridge "George and Basic Shapes, I cut out her name, but instead of using the cut out letters, I used the negative by pushing out the letters and then placing a piece of plain green paper behind.  I added a green checkered ribbon with a bow as an accent, and then cut out three flowers from the same Cricut cartridge, two in yellow gingham paper and the middle flower in off white.  I chalked the edges, layered the flowers and then finished it off with a light green rhinestone in the center.  I cut out the three green leaves from a plain piece of paper and then added the veins and attached with glue.

For the envelope, I cut out a piece of the green gingham paper, the shape of the envelope flap and attached with tape to the outside of the flap.  I then cut out another flower of the yellow gingham, chalked the edges and punched out some tiny green dots (3) of which I glued to the center of the flower and then attached that to the back of the envelope.

No comments:

Post a Comment