Sunday, June 19, 2011

Olives and Martinis

I have a good friend that makes excellent martinis, and I just couldn't resist sending her a thank you note after she hosted a Rotary social evening at her house.


Olives and Martinis
 Found this martini paper, wasn't sure what or when I would have a use for it, but with the different colors, I just couldn't pass it up.  Pink card for the base, cut the martini paper just a little smaller and then chalked the edges with a green chalk.  Cut out a circle using the "George and Basic Shapes" Cricut cartridge and then chalked the edges of the olive.  I then punched a small hole in one spot on the olive and ran a plastic skewer from behind through to the front.  I taped the skewer to the backside of the olive.  I then used a 3-D dot to attach the olive and give it some dimension. Lastly, I added a red gem as a pimento.  I thought this came out really cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment