Sunday, June 19, 2011

Islands in the Sky

I had taken some photos of my friend Tom at a Rotary function and I promised him that I would send them to him.  Couldn't resist making this tropical card to go along with the Hawaiian themed event.


Islands in the Sky
Begin using a white card and chalk the sky using blues and purples, and the base with a light beige to look like sand.  I then hand cut palm trees.  Notice the way that they overlap, well there is a story to go with that.  My husband, Mike and I were at In N' Out Burger and he pointed out that when they plant their palm trees, they plant two next to each other and they overlap.  Therefore, my card has overlapping palm trees.  Love that chalk, so I highlighted with chalk the tops of the trees and the trunks.  The tops of the trees were mounted with the 3-D dots to give them some dimension.  I also cut out a circle for the sun and then added some cute little flip-flop stickers and bright colored flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment