Monday, June 20, 2011

Give a Hoot!

The "Give A Hoot," Cricut cartridge is pretty cute.  Owls seem to be very popular right now, and how can you resist these cute little guys, they are adoreable.  Thanksgiving 2010 was the perfect timing for these cards.



Give a Hoot!
Colorful fall background paper to cover the plain card, and an accent paper cut and torn on one side to add a little something that will catch your eye.  Note that I chalk the edges of most of the added pieces, it gives them dimension and I think it makes them stand out and look a little more lifelike.  I then added a piece of velvet ribbon, which just kind of softens the whole thing.  The branch I free-hand cut out of crimped cardstock and then cut the owls out and placed them on the branch.  I also like to add a little sparkly gem here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment