Sunday, June 26, 2011

Lair Sweet Lair

Our family has attended the Lair of the Golden Bear, a CAL Alumni family camp, which is in the Sierras, coming up on our 22nd year.   It is such a special place, we love seeing friends that return every year as well as meeting and making new friends along the way. 


Lair Sweet Lair
 My sister-in-law, Debbie, is quite a creative person.  She loves to make quilts, knit and is a great sewer.  I am not a great sewer, and am envious of anyone that can actually sit down at a sewing machine and whip something up.  However, I am not too bad when it comes to sewing by hand, and I like making this kind of stuff, like the banner that I just completed.  Debbie gave me the pattern, and I altered it just a bit from "Home Sweet Home," to "Lair Sweet Lair."  Basic felt pieces and a basic blanket stitch was all this project took.  Now, I need to find a stick to thread through the top opening and maybe some raffia to hang it by.  Can't wait to hang it up outside our tent.  Just a few weeks to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment