Sunday, June 19, 2011

God Bless America!

Couldn't resist making a card for the upcoming 4th of July.  Good day to remember those who give us our freedom and let them know that we care that they have taken the time to serve our Country.


God Bless America!
 I had a couple of different kinds of star paper that I bought quite a while ago from the Paradise Scrapbook Store, which were perfect for the theme of this card.  I cut a 1" strip of the white background with the red stars, and chalked the one edge with brown to give it an aged look.  Next I added a strip of dark blue and then on top of that, I cut a 2" piece of the red paper of which I used my Friskars edger to tear the one edge, and then I chalked that edge with the brown.  Once the papers were all attached to the card, I cut stars out of dark blue felt and then added them randomly onto the page.  Last thing was to write, "God bless America, My home sweet home." 

No comments:

Post a Comment