Sunday, June 26, 2011

Take Me Out to the Ballgame!

Friday was my daugther Nicole's birthday.  She loves baseball, so we were off to see the Giants play at AT & T Park.  We had a wonderful day, the sun was out, not to hot, great seats, a good game with good friends, and Nicole caught a ball thrown by Cody Ross, which was the highlight of her day.



Nicole with her treasured Cody Ross ball.
 Because it was Nicole's birthday, I thought it would be fun to create some cute snack bags to take and share at the game.

Take Me Out to the Ballgame!
 I bought a large bag of peanuts at the store and then bagged them myself into celophane bags.  On the top of the bags I added a cute little tag with a baseball (just a plain circle and then added the stitching myself), and then the word "Nuts," which I cut out on my "George and Basic Shapes" Cricut cartridge, regular in orange and then silhoutte in black.

I also made up a cute little bag of M & M's, orange and chocolate ones, of course.  I placed them in a celophane bag, and then on top, I added a cute little baseball.  I cut a circle out of a folded piece of paper, leaving a connected piece at the top.  Drew on the stitching and then stapled to the top of the bag to keep it shut.



Love those pretzel rods, so I bought a bag and then at Michael's Craft store, I picked up a bag of orange colored dipping chocolate.  I melted the chocolate, dipped my pretzel rods and then sprinkled them with chocolate sprinkles, and then placed them on a piece of wax paper until the chocolate had hardened.  I then placed two (2) of the sticks into a celophane bag and then tied the top with a cute little orange and black ribbon.

What a fun day, and really loved making all of the coordinating goodies to go with the theme.

1 comment:

  1. These goodies were great! Definitely could have made some money off them!

    ReplyDelete