Sunday, June 19, 2011

Support the Pink

My friend, Norma, has been fundraising and preparing for the upcoming Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in San Francisco.  Every three minutes, another woman in the United States is diagnosed with breast cancer. With the help of people like you, we're going to do everything we can to change that statistic. The walk is 2 days long and is 20 miles per day.  I can't imagine attempting that distance, but I am very impressed with her energy and determination to make the future better and brighter for those that are affected by this terrible disease.

Support the Pink
Begin with chalking a white card base with pink.  Attach a beige background, the one I used had a floral design, but it wouldn't really matter considering that you only see just a little bit of it.  Cut out the pink ribbon paper so that it is slightly smaller than the beige paper.  I chose a pink ribbon that said "hugs and kisses," actually used for Valentine's day, but appropriate for this card, which I then folded to the shape of the ribbon on the paper and attached to the paper with a white brad.  I then attached the pink ribbon paper to the card.  Finally I added a white glittery chipboard "N" for Norma, which I also chalked with pink.  She's my hero, and I want to let her know that she has my support.

No comments:

Post a Comment